What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who should fill in corrective action forms?

Started by , Nov 26 2019 03:11 PM
4 Replies

Good Morning, 

Who is supposed to be filling out a corrective actions form for an issue with one of our products. It's always been my understanding that this is supposed to be done by our SQF practitioner, in this case that would be our Quality Control manager.

However, I am being asked to do this. I work in QC but I hold no certification whatsoever. I simply send our products to a third party lab for micro testing. i appreciate any insight on this.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Confused on what to put as a preventative action Corrective Action Request Template Guidelines for Corrective and Preventive Actions for Carcass Core Temperature CCP in Chicken Processing Hot fill, inversion and sterilization help. Ice cream mix pasteurization failure corrective action
[Ad]

Root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action should be determined by the person in charge of the relevant department as they know their process best and will have ownership of the solution. 

If the proposed corrective/preventive action is not good enough then it may need further input from the quality or technical department.  Exactly who writes back to the customer is dependent on how your business is organised.  It could be the SQF Practitioner, Quality Manager or a junior member of staff under their guidance.

Regards,
Simon

1 Like2 Thanks

Simon, 

Thank you  for your response. The information is very helpful.

Regards, 

Kara

is your issue related to your QC task of sending samples out to the 3rd party lab for testing? Does your job description only states the above specific job? Your job description does not include the generic "any other task assigned from time to time" statement?

Maybe your SQFP is asking you to fill out the corrective action form to get idea or assistance because he/she deemed or thought you might capable of doing this?

Usually corrective action plans are internal unless this is shared or required to be communicated back to the customer. You might not be in the position to respond directly to customer but a corrective action plan requires brainstorming to identify the root cause, the cliche more heads is better than one is applicable to this.

You sounded upset that you are being asked to do this. I would clarify my job description and training/ qualifications with my manager if you are not capable or refuse to do this task...

If the SQF practitioner had to do everything, you would never be able to implement it in a large company. SQF practitioner is responsible for making sure they system is implemented, but do not need to be the reviewer on everything. They have to delegate.

Similar Discussion Topics
Confused on what to put as a preventative action Corrective Action Request Template Guidelines for Corrective and Preventive Actions for Carcass Core Temperature CCP in Chicken Processing Hot fill, inversion and sterilization help. Ice cream mix pasteurization failure corrective action Hot Fill & Invert Validation Developing HAACP plan for a hot fill product Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Preventive control forms Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization