What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Payment Collection for Food Safety Training

Started by , Nov 15 2019 06:48 AM
5 Replies
Hi!
As a independent contractor (food safety trainer), should I collect half of my fees and personal expenses in advance?
I have to travel for 3 days.
How can I do it?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

As consultants and trainers we require all professional fees and estimated expenses upfront -- we learned a long time ago to not back-bill, oh the stories!

On expenses we simple calculate what we are going to spend, pad that by about 25% and then once we are back in the office we run the receipts and if we over-estimated (by at least $50) we refund the difference - if on the other hand we under-estimated we bill for the difference.

Interestingly enought we almost always hit the expenses within dollars.

Now, we do a straight project rate for everything that includes all estimated expenses.

2 Likes2 Thanks
Thanks SQFconsultant, very helpful information.
Can you please explain me the process you used to collect yor expenses and fees.
This is my first time doing this. I believe the client send me the contact and I will send him my bank information with the contract back. Is this right???
Thanks

Thanks SQFconsultant, very helpful information.
Can you please explain me the process you used to collect yor expenses and fees.
This is my first time doing this. I believe the client send me the contact and I will send him my bank information with the contract back. Is this right???
Thanks

Sure.

No, you send the prospective client a contract.

We send a service offer that details everything we chatted about, all rates, expenses, location, expiration dates, etc.etc We include option for payment by bank wire, Bitcoin or Credit/Debit card - we do not take checks.  Our service offer once signed becomes both our invoice and contract.

1 Like1 Thank
Hi!!!
When we charge a training section by day.
Do we have to specific in the contract how many hours a day?
Thanks

We use a standard of 8 hours with 30 minutes for lunch and 2 breaks of 15 minutes each - With that said we don't charge by the hour, only by the project as we might take less than the 8 hours and if more we don't charge for the overage - frankly for training we come close to actual stated.

Similar Discussion Topics