What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Off season quality checks (PRPs)

Started by , Oct 23 2019 10:03 AM
5 Replies
Good day Quality team, can you guys advise me on this please. If your plant is operating seasonally is it necessary for the daily checks of the equipment etc for an example daily scale verifications and other equipment.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Quality Manager/Operations Manager Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe
[Ad]

If you're not using the equipment then no, probably not necessary to do daily checks - just make sure that you have a suitable procedure to prepare and check everything well in advance of when you need to start using it again, to (a) make sure it's still working correctly and is ready for operation, and (b) allow time for any maintenance of equipment that is found to be out of spec.

1 Thank
Thank you! PHruit, please advise me is this your personal opinion or from Auditors perspective?

Thank you

Hi Asanele,

We are not doing any verification of scales etc on national holidays, same way not required to verify when no production days, simply you can mention "no production" in the verification format. But ensure to verify and record the equipment condition before starting production after long gap.

Mahantesh 

1 Thank
Ok this make more sense.

Thank you!

I'm not a BRC/IFS/FSSC/SQF auditor but it's relatively commonplace to mothball part/all of some types of factories that only do seasonal processing. You can check the particular standard(s) you're working with, but in a common-sense view would there be any benefit from doing scale checks if you're not going to use the scales, or alternatively, what is the risk to production of not doing checks, if there is no production happening?

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Quality Manager/Operations Manager Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe Food Safety and Quality Culture Presentation Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? How to become a Food Quality Assurance Manager or an Food Quality Auditor? European Standards for Food: Ensuring Safety and Quality Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance