What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Never a dull moment - Edition 9 coming

Started by , Oct 21 2019 02:12 PM
4 Replies

Just got an invitation to participate in a discussion forum for the new SQF Edition 9 that is looming on the horizon.

Never a dull moment - most certainly keeps everyone on their toes.

Looking forward to nit-picking some stuff.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco addendum now worked into the SQF edition 9 SQF Edition 9 vs Costco SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline
[Ad]

Yikes. Just as soon as people start really understanding the current standard, revisions are made. That's the one thing about GFSI that I really didn't care for. 

We'd always get to a point where we felt like we knew our systems pretty confidently, and then there'd be a new standard looming on the horizon to make us scramble. Scrambling always forced us to stop focusing as much on the details of our programs, which wasn't so great. We'd inevitably forget to cross a "t" somewhere. 

I know the goals of the revisions are to make necessary changes due to trends in the industry, but geez....

Anywho, I'm curious to see what the changes will be.

2 Likes

That's something exciting! Congrats Glenn.

QAGB - i think they keep on revising the standard just to keep people working on "continuous improvement", not being satisfied with the current internal procedures. "We've got an A++, everything's good, all we need is to maintain whatever we have now and we'll pass the next audit"

1 Thank

I just got audited under 8.1 and edition 9 is forthcoming... wow.

Hope you put some real sense into these people Glen and a productive discussion for everyone.

I really liked SQF compared to other standards I've worked with.

Hopefully it will just be a grammatical revision like the last one. Maybe suggest better proofreaders... and people that can count from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 :cheezy:

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco addendum now worked into the SQF edition 9 SQF Edition 9 vs Costco SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System BRCGS Edition 9- Training Scratch Outs on Paperwork SQF Edition 9