What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quantitative Environment Allergen Test

Started by , Oct 17 2019 02:09 PM
3 Replies

I'm a high school student trying to craft my science fair research project. I want to perform an experiment to test different cleaning methods on the presence of the peanut allergen on a non-porous surface. I was doing some research, and all of the available environmental test kits appear to be qualitative or semi-quantitative. One of the project requirements is that the dependent variable must be quantitative. Is there any available environmental allergen test that is quantitative? (I have checked Neogen, maybe I missed something) The cheaper the better, however I understand that a test that meets these specifications will be somewhat expensive.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quantitative and Qualitative Objectives and Goals Milk Allergen Quantitative Limitation Quantitative research studies on food safety culture and sanitization HACCP quantitative calculation of physical hazard Quantitative Risk Assessment in HARPC Plans
[Ad]

I'm a high school student trying to craft my science fair research project. I want to perform an experiment to test different cleaning methods on the presence of the peanut allergen on a non-porous surface. I was doing some research, and all of the available environmental test kits appear to be qualitative or semi-quantitative. One of the project requirements is that the dependent variable must be quantitative. Is there any available environmental allergen test that is quantitative? (I have checked Neogen, maybe I missed something) The cheaper the better, however I understand that a test that meets these specifications will be somewhat expensive.

Hi cmo,

Yes, you maybe missed something, Or perhaps it depends on semantics.

From Neogen documentation -

B.   Quantitative tests

Neogen’s Veratox and BioKits test kits determine the concentration of a target food allergen in ingredients, liquids, clean-in-place rinses and in finished foods.

1.  Veratox.  These  tests  are  microwell  ELISA  kits  that  detect  a  target  food  allergen  in  about  30 minutes following extraction. Following the test procedure, color changes in the sample wells are compared to the standards in the control wells using a microwell reader. Exact food allergen concentrations in the samples are computed using the comparisons.

2.  BioKits.  Microwell  ELISA  assay  test  kits  that  detect  target  allergens  in  approximately 1½ hours following extraction

Neogen - Food_Allergen_Handbook.pdf   864.68KB   23 downloads

2 Thanks

ELISA is a quantitative method. 

https://www.romerlab...rgen-test-kits/

1 Thank

Hope this could help

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
Quantitative and Qualitative Objectives and Goals Milk Allergen Quantitative Limitation Quantitative research studies on food safety culture and sanitization HACCP quantitative calculation of physical hazard Quantitative Risk Assessment in HARPC Plans