What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What tests to conduct on Tamarind?

Started by , Sep 25 2019 08:18 PM
2 Replies

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever dealt with Tamarind? Dry form? What tests are the most important to look for? I looked over and researched that tamarind has been on import alert from a few countries due to filth. I would def wanna test for filth. What else can I look for? Perhaps a micro panel? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
UK verification tests on imported food How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? How do you conduct risk assessment for SQF? How to conduct self-training?
[Ad]

Seems like Tamarindus indica is naturally antimicrobial. I wouldn't bother doing my own tests on every lot.

But for a first time test to approve a supplier I might do a peanut allergen test (because they look like peanuts) and a heavy metals assay. Maybe throw a Sudan Red test in there.

If the specification makes any claims such as volatile oil content, test that too.

Just to clarify, I would still have my suppliers provide a COA with each lot, with the usual third party microbial testing results listed.

Similar Discussion Topics
UK verification tests on imported food How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? How do you conduct risk assessment for SQF? How to conduct self-training? Validation samples sent for Allergen tests Micro Tests for a lupin manufacturing company Environmental Tests in Manufacturing Process How to conduct a Mock Recall for an Agents and Brokers BRC audit? Microbial Tests for the Food Packaging Industry