What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Direct Reports from In-House Sanitation Team

Started by , Aug 16 2019 09:44 PM
3 Replies

I work at a further-processor of meats. We have an in-house sanitation team consisting of a day crew and a night crew who cleans the entire plant for pre-op.

All the day crew employees are my direct reports, and the nighttime sanitation manager is my direct report. I find that this takes a lot of my time. Is it typical for the QA manager to have direct reports from sanitation in addition to the QA team?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? Direct Observations - Weekly Item Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) Permanent Food Grade Marker for direct food contact surface?
[Ad]

Typical?  Depends.  Certainly not extraordinary.  Unless you can influence your superior to hire a daytime sanitation manager...  Good luck with that though.

1 Like1 Thank

I agree with Ryan and will add that what I see in my travels is (depending on size of organization) is there is many times a day sanitation manager and night supervisor or an overlap sanitation manager - but still most report to QA.  I have seen some report to operations, but dotted line or additional report to QA.  

1 Like1 Thank
Thanks, guys. It helps to know what’s going on at other plants so I’m not always wondering if I should bring this up to someone as a possible org chart improvement. In a perfect world, I’d love for there to just be a dotted line like there is for all other processing departments/department heads, but we all know it’s not a perfect world. I do think we’re approaching a size that could make it appropriate to have a daytime sanitation manager, but we’re kind of hovering at that line. Thanks for all your help!

Similar Discussion Topics
Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? Direct Observations - Weekly Item Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) Permanent Food Grade Marker for direct food contact surface? Using Compressed air on direct food contact packaging How to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales? Example HACCP Plan for a Direct Food Contact Packaging Manufacturer Do we need a specification sheet for non-direct contact boxes? Direct Observation Requirements for CCP and CPs?