What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 12.6.2, cold storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods

Started by , Jul 23 2019 06:07 PM

Hello Gomez, 

I too, work in Cold Storage and what I have been advised this means is that our units (condensers) are able to provide the necessary freezing and/or chilling, and is accessible for cleaning. 

Do you monitor your units remotely or take daily temperature readings throughout the day to prove that the units are cooling/chilling the room to the necessary temperature? 

I hope this gives you a better understanding of what the requirements are referring to.  

4 Replies

Good Afternoon, I need help please, I dont understand what im required to do for my SOP on 12.6.2 cold storage, freezing and chilling of foods.

Module 12. Ive read the desk audit requirements but its so confusing. Please can someone help me or explain this to me. 

Our facility is a storage, we do not manufacture no touch nor open nor pack or repack. We only store customers product. The way it comes in is the way it leaves. I greatly appreciate it .

12.6.2.1 Cold Storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods The site shall provide confirmation of the effective operational performance of freezing, chilling and cold storage facilities.  Chillers, blast freezers and cold storage rooms shall be designed and constructed to allow for the hygienic and efficient cold/frozen storage of food, easily accessible for inspection and cleaning. 12.6.2.2 Cold Storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods Sufficient refrigeration capacity shall be available to store chilled or frozen food at the maximum anticipated throughput of product with allowance for periodic cleaning of refrigerated areas. 12.6.2.3 Cold Storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods Discharge from defrost and condensate lines shall be controlled and discharged to the drainage system. 12.6.2.4 Cold Storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods Cold and chilled storage rooms shall be fitted with temperature monitoring equipment and located so as to monitor the warmest part of the room and be fitted with a temperature measurement device that is easily readable and accessible. 12.6.2.5 Cold Storage, Freezing and Chilling of Foods Loading and unloading docks shall be designed to protect product during loading and unloading.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Environmental Monitoring and Reportable Foods Cooling guidelines for Acid Foods Cooling guidelines for Acid Foods Guidance on Addressing SQF Compliance Issues for Contracted Storage Providers Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods
[Ad]

What standard is this Gomez so I can move to the correct forum.

Hello Gomez, 

I too, work in Cold Storage and what I have been advised this means is that our units (condensers) are able to provide the necessary freezing and/or chilling, and is accessible for cleaning. 

Do you monitor your units remotely or take daily temperature readings throughout the day to prove that the units are cooling/chilling the room to the necessary temperature? 

I hope this gives you a better understanding of what the requirements are referring to.  

1 Like

standards ? I dont know, how embarassing me not knowing, Its just im just the helper and I'm doing my best in getting information. 

storage and distribution edition 8

module 12

products we store are : meat bread fish vegetable hamburgers and strawberry puree 

scope of certification: 26 storage of Food products

I think I just need a working doc not a SOP. By my understanding its asking me to prove what are we using to keep our coolers cold. 

Simon,SQF Storage and distribution.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Environmental Monitoring and Reportable Foods Cooling guidelines for Acid Foods Cooling guidelines for Acid Foods Guidance on Addressing SQF Compliance Issues for Contracted Storage Providers Standard Plate Counts in RTE Foods Appeal SQF Storage & Distribution NC Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Cooler storage temperature failure Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation?