What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Stick pack / sachet closure integrity testing

Started by , Jul 23 2019 09:36 AM
2 Replies

Hi all professionals,

I am currently working in a food supplements industry using only powder based raw materials, pressed into tablets.

we are planning to implement a new packing technology - to pack blends into stick pack and sachets.

therefore I am looking for a closure integrity tester (available in Slovakian market, including related service availability too). can you advice me please a brand or company acting also in CE market? the size of the package will be 141 mm x  25 - 50 - 60 mm

also please can you advice me on optional testing frequency during production? does it depend on volumes or there is a standard approach e.g every 30 minutes a test has to be carried out?

thank you for any advice as I am pretty new in this industry.

Thanks,

Regards,

Zoltán

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
USDA Approved Non-Stick Spray for Meat Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Heating cheese to get a spice rub to stick Food Contact Material -> non-stick coating 3 Areas of Focus to Make Food Safety Training Stick
[Ad]

Z,

you just need to pull a vacuum.  Some people recommend submerge packets/pouches/bags in water for visual evidence of bubbles but so long as you pull vacuum and pouch inflates without breaking to ~50 cm Hg ~ 10psi.  You will be good.  This is equivalent to aircraft height with some extra.  Therefore greater than driving over mountains.

Best,

Spencer

Dear Zoltán,

Actually, we have the similiar product called "leakage tester", the function is same as the description of Spencer.

But it's used in QA department & test laboratory, not online.

Thanks 

Berton Lee

Similar Discussion Topics
USDA Approved Non-Stick Spray for Meat Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Heating cheese to get a spice rub to stick Food Contact Material -> non-stick coating 3 Areas of Focus to Make Food Safety Training Stick 3 Areas of Focus to Make Food Safety Training Stick