What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help with Ingredients Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP)

Started by , Jul 22 2019 04:15 PM
5 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I need your help regarding Ingredient Vulnerability Assessment. I'm trying to do the vulnerability assessment for all my ingredients, but most of my ingredients as salt, potassium sorbate are purchased through a distributor. I was wondering if you guys could help me to get on the right track. I'm using the template below.

Ingredient

Supplier

Assessment

Likelihood

Economic Consequence

Risk = L+C

Is the potential

food fraud

reasonably

Likely to occur?

Yes R < 8

No  R > 7

V-CCP yes/no

Thanks a lot!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud Assessment Pre-Assessment vs Initial Audit Green Coffee Suppliers Assessment FDA sub-ingredients: how many generations do we need to declare? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes
[Ad]

Hi Everyone,

I need your help regarding Ingredient Vulnerability Assessment. I'm trying to do the vulnerability assessment for all my ingredients, but most of my ingredients as salt, potassium sorbate are purchased through a distributor. I was wondering if you guys could help me to get on the right track. I'm using the template below.

Ingredient

Supplier

Assessment

Likelihood

Economic Consequence

Risk = L+C

Is the potential

food fraud

reasonably

Likely to occur?

Yes R < 8

No  R > 7

V-CCP yes/no

Thanks a lot!

Hi M and S,

Perhaps you could make yr query a bit more specific ?

IIRC, this particular template has been discussed several times on this Forum, mostly in a negative way.

I suggest you investigate less antique variations, eg -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ed/#entry121799

1 Thank

Hope this helps (very similar to what you posted). I used this for my SQF audit and the auditor loved it. Not sure for what scheme you want though.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hope this helps (very similar to what you posted). I used this for my SQF audit and the auditor loved it. Not sure for what scheme you want though.

Hi FS,

It's probably identical to that in the OP.

IIRC the document originated from when BRC triggered the food fraud fiesta  ca 2014.

IMO it proves that some auditors (all FS Standards) will (still) accept anything that looks like a risk assessment.

1 Thank

Thank you!! I am just confused about my suppliers since they are distributors.  I am not sure if I should use my distributor as my supplier on the form. Help, I'm very confused!

Thank you!! I am just confused about my suppliers since they are distributors.  I am not sure if I should use my distributor as my supplier on the form. Help, I'm very confused!

From a Food Fraud POV, it's the direct  supplier + food supply chain which is potentially critical (see my link). This aspect (et al)  is omitted in yr form.

Authenticity for chemical ingredients is presumably assurable through COA's.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud Assessment Pre-Assessment vs Initial Audit Green Coffee Suppliers Assessment FDA sub-ingredients: how many generations do we need to declare? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes VACCP assestment for process and raw material Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Testing Plan Risk Assessment BRCGS Ver 9 4.5.1 - Risk Assessment for Frequency of Analysis of Water Samples Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity