What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Chemical Concentration verification and records

Started by , Jun 13 2019 06:02 PM
5 Replies

Hi All,

I am a newer QA technician, and I have been given a chance to try writing a policy on chemical titration, including concentration verification and records. I was wondering if anyone had some good examples of these that I can reference to knock my bosses socks off with my first policy? Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me!

Kelsey

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties Recommended Products, Verification and Chemical Suppliers in Michigan Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils
[Ad]

Hi Kelsey,

Are you writing a policy for an existing procedure and want literary references to justify the need for chemical titration and show the consequences of inadequacy?

Or are you writing a procedure itself? In which case I would refer to the chemical suppliers recommendations for usage and methods. I use an excel sheet for keeping records, with simple formatting to calculate conc % and highlight any out of spec results.

p.s. :welcome: to the forum

Thank you for the response, and the welcoming! I am writing the procedure itself. :smile: 

In that case, I would contact the suppliers if they have not already provided the recommended titration and info relevant to your operation. I can't share my procedure itself, but it's essentially the testing method, frequency of tests for each chemical/area, corrective actions, and testing in a hygienic manner I.e. not contaminating product. Bear in mind also any scheme or regulatory requirements you may have in regards to this. 

I hope your bosses appreciate the effort :smile:

1 Thank

How often does the verification of cleaning chemicals should be done? (CFIA audit)

In my mind, it's best to verify them before each shift they'll be used.  If you've got a machine premixing the titrations, yeah it's a pain, but verification is quick with a test strip.  If you're mixing manually, then every batch you mix should absolutely be checked.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a Comprehensive Product Description Incorporating Chemical, Physical, and Microbiological Properties Recommended Products, Verification and Chemical Suppliers in Michigan Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Testing Requirements on a New Product Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning How do you dispose of empty chemical drums and containers? Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers