What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Disposable mop caps or non-disposable hats?

Started by , Jun 03 2019 05:45 AM
3 Replies

Hi All,

Can any hair restrains such as hats, hair coverings or nets and clothing that covers body hair be worn in place of disposable mop caps since they are designed and worn to effectively keep their hair from contacting exposed products?

Thank you,

Chris Malanda

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
industry standard for wearing disposable masks in honey manufacturing Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported Water activity: disposable sample cups Use of washable cloth caps instead of disposable hairnets? How often do we have to change disposable face masks?
[Ad]

Definitely not suitable for food processing industries. Being not disposable in nature no one be 100% sure about the cleanliness of hat and other  hair covering nets etc.The present practices of using disposable hair covering is vital and enhance the food safety aspects of operations 

I was doing an SQF audit one day and as I watched a conveyer belt carrying thousands of balls of cookie dough on the way to the pressers and oven I noticed something sticking out of one of the dough balls... it was found to be a grommet from one of the workers HATS, with hair stuck to it.

No, I don't think anything is better than a tight mesh net.

There are more pros than cons of using disposable PPE than resusable, and imo the most concern and hardness to defend is the cleanliness.

In institutional / food service set up they are a bit lenient with hats/ chefs hats, handkerchief etc to use as hair restraints but not so much tolerance for the manufacturing.

Similar Discussion Topics
industry standard for wearing disposable masks in honey manufacturing Widespread Disposable Glove Contamination Reported Water activity: disposable sample cups Use of washable cloth caps instead of disposable hairnets? How often do we have to change disposable face masks? Disposable cut resistant gloves One piece disposable "penguin" or "fish" style knives? Wearing disposable lab coat over uniform when smoking? Organization of production of disposable tableware in Israel Wearing disposable head coverings over religious headscarves