What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Incorrect printed bag weight

Started by , May 21 2019 07:00 PM
5 Replies

Hi all!

Quick question. We just realized that one of our bag weights is printed incorrectly. It should read "Net Wt. 6.12 oz (174 g)", but it actually reads "Net Wt. 6.12 oz (147 g)".

Would these bags still be okay to use as the oz are still correct and we are still filling to the 174 grams which is what the nutrition panel information is based off of?  Any advice on how to handle this?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Help with incorrect labels What to do with label stocks with incorrect Net Carb Claim? Can we add another label on top of an incorrect label? Recall due to incorrect labelling reported to FSA - Implications? Dinosaur Listed as an Ingredient - Recall for Incorrect Labelling!
[Ad]

I think it depends on the customer, what type of packaging is it? Is it possible to put the correct number on a small label on top?

1 Thank

NO, it depends on regulations what you can and cannot do

You need to check the regs for where you sell you product and proceed accordingly

Canada(for instance) has max and min variances .........................under is so you don't rip of consumers .............................over is to keep the marketplace fair

You cannot have 2 declared weights that don't convert properly...............you're going to have to apply the correct weight with a permanent label (check first, not all will stay stuck and can be easily removed)

1 Thank

I would anticipate that for a Retail product, most places on "Earth" would consider this "Regulatory unacceptable".

+ IMEX many locations forbid any tampering with printed/stickered text such as via over-labelling. Think >>>> Fraud.

Whole container loads have been rejected/repacked for "human/machine errors" like this.

Indeed, check immediately with your local authorities. Better you approach them than they find out and approach you. A place where I worked before had the health mark missing on some pre-printed packaging and some affected products had already gone to customer sites. They had to either recall the product or travel to the customer's sites around the UK and apply a sticker to every box. 

Whilst customers can dictate packaging artwork and layout to a certain extent, general information such as weights will likely be governed by the law and regulations.

I see lots of foreign product in Canada that has over labels applied......................mostly on ingredients and nutritional panel, but none the less, it happens. They always appear to be legit  (i may have tried to peel some off----just sayin)

Similar Discussion Topics
Help with incorrect labels What to do with label stocks with incorrect Net Carb Claim? Can we add another label on top of an incorrect label? Recall due to incorrect labelling reported to FSA - Implications? Dinosaur Listed as an Ingredient - Recall for Incorrect Labelling! An Incorrect Challenge to an Auditor: Recall due to incorrect use of sanitiser Product Recalls Due to Incorrect Ingredients Declarations