What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to control or check sachet closure quality?

Started by , May 21 2019 10:07 AM
2 Replies

Hi All,

Although I am not new on this site, but these are my first experiences with starting a topic.

I am i need to get an advice regarding the following:  food supplement (vitamins and minerals) production (powdery raw materials, powdery production) starting a new packing form into sachets.

To build the flowchart and related docs will not be a problem, but physically  as I have no experience with this, I do not know how to control or check the sachet closure quality on a different levels:

- during operation

-  after a period control of closure of retained samples 

thank you for  any kind of professional responses,

kind regards,

Zoltán 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are some effective scoring methods and control measures for a raw material risk assessment in a food manufacturing facility? Opinions on setting up a quality spec. policy Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? What should be included in a strategy presentation for the Quality Assurance department? What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars?
[Ad]

You can use special eqipment for sachet tightness checking like aquarium filled with water using underpressure. Non conform sachets will show air bubles. 

I have seen facilities where air is injected into packages (to create pressure) and then a finger covers the hole and the entire package it put under water to check for leaks.............the pressure allows you to find teeny tiny pin holes you may miss otherwise

Easy and cheap

This was used as an online operational check

Similar Discussion Topics
What are some effective scoring methods and control measures for a raw material risk assessment in a food manufacturing facility? Opinions on setting up a quality spec. policy Is air quality testing required for a facility using propylene glycol in chillers, and what are the considerations for an SQF audit? What should be included in a strategy presentation for the Quality Assurance department? What allergen labeling requirements apply to portion control packages for salad bars? Hi all - new to quality How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility Seeking Advice and Resources for Conducting Shelf Life Studies in Seafood Quality Control What are the recommended CCP'S for hazard control on bone-in vs. boneless chicken in a small restaurant? Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?