What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone know what a thermal certificate for a canned dairy product is?

Started by , Apr 01 2019 08:50 AM
8 Replies

Dear All,

Good Day,

I would like to know about Thermal Certificate. One of our client asking Thermal certificate before the first shipment to them. Our company is producing canned dairy product.

Processing is mainly retorting sterilization.

Expecting your valuable comments for the above matter.

Thanks

Deepa  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
3PM details confidential and GFSI certificate. Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product Honey in product does it require label warning for infants? Product testing during release as a CCP
[Ad]

Hi Deepa,
I'd ask your client to clarify exactly what it is that they require - from previous experience this could relate to the processing you've used for your product, but equally could be related to heat-treatment of the pallets you're using to ship it...

1 Like

Dear All,

Good Day,

I would like to know about Thermal Certificate. One of our client asking Thermal certificate before the first shipment to them. Our company is producing canned dairy product.

Processing is mainly retorting sterilization.

Expecting your valuable comments for the above matter.

Thanks

Deepa  

Maybe yr client wishes to see validation that the thermal process is approved (I assume a requirement in India)

1 Like

Hello Deepa,

Feeling odd! Could it be anything related to the quality/integrity check of your can material?

As responded above, the best way to know is contact the client.

(Share that here, later  :smile:  )

Agree with Charles, likely looking for your thermal process that you follow

Maybe yr client wishes to see validation that the thermal process is approved (I assume a requirement in India)

Dear Mr. Charles,

Yes, I think so. I have performed a challenge test using surrogate culture . Hope this report will be accepted by the authority. 

Thanks

Deepa 

Hello Deepa,

Feeling odd! Could it be anything related to the quality/integrity check of your can material?

As responded above, the best way to know is contact the client.

(Share that here, later  :smile:  )

Sure..

Hi Deepa,

The first thing I thought about is a statement which guarantees that the product has received the minimum heat dosage. So, that until the core of the canned product, the dairy product has been at minimum X degrees during Y seconds.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Dear Mr. Charles,

Yes, I think so. I have performed a challenge test using surrogate culture . Hope this report will be accepted by the authority. 

Thanks

Deepa 

Hi Deepa,

I don't know about India but in many locations, the Process/Equipment has to be officially approved, eg

https://www.fda.gov/...s/ucm103467.htm

Similar Discussion Topics
3PM details confidential and GFSI certificate. Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product Honey in product does it require label warning for infants? Product testing during release as a CCP Could you help me develop a testing protocol for the nutritional analysis of canned products? Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer Use of Simple Green and Formula 409 in indirect product contact surfaces Developing HAACP plan for a hot fill product Any food product naming policy in EU?