What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

If an auditor failed to notice a non-conformity, what would you do?

Started by , Mar 18 2019 12:34 PM
5 Replies

If you saw an auditor fail to notice a potential non-conformity, what would you do?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
PET/ALUMINUM/PE as liquid juices pouch is failed FSSC lead auditor exam Preparation for BRC Issue 8 Lead Auditor Exam How to become a Food Quality Assurance Manager or an Food Quality Auditor? SQF Auditor questions to employees
[Ad]

If you saw an auditor fail to notice a potential non-conformity, what would you do?

You would initiate an internal CAPA, without any external notification (unless it is related to Food safety and directly affecting the product that was send out to the customers).

Auditors do miss things. I was an SQF Auditor and I missed things, not too many - but it happens.

I would not point it out to the Auditor what he or she missed - make an internal note and take care of  the issue.

Worm cans can be opened very easily by telling an Auditor they missed something, it happens.

I would not bring it up during the audit - but correct the issue immediately after with an internal work order or NCP or whatever the issue was. 

Hi Hrabi,

I do agree with SQFconsultant.

In our company, we do random sampling of evidence during the audit. There is no way we could conduct a 100% inspection of everything that is happening in the organization but we believe our sample will provide an accurate snapshot of current operations.

Thank you!  ^_^

You write it in your notes and fix it later. Audits are a snapshot and the auditor can't see everything. You are under no obligation to point out nonconformances!

When I audit our suppliers, I take it as a good sign when they write their own notes during the tour. It shows that management needs to get out on the floor more, but also that they can recognized opportunities for improvement when they see them.

Similar Discussion Topics
PET/ALUMINUM/PE as liquid juices pouch is failed FSSC lead auditor exam Preparation for BRC Issue 8 Lead Auditor Exam How to become a Food Quality Assurance Manager or an Food Quality Auditor? SQF Auditor questions to employees Over lenient NSF auditor Are You an Effective Auditor? FSSC Internal auditor competency Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date BRCGS 3.5.3 Issue 6 - Internal Auditor competency