What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is metal contamination expected in "in-mold labeling" machine

Started by , Feb 25 2019 01:39 AM
2 Replies

Dears,

I want to know if metal particles contamination is expected in "in-mold labeling" machine

here you can find a you tube link for such process: https://www.youtube....LzUuDVUM&t=190s

and if it possible, how to install a metal detector after the stacking conveyor?

many thnaks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Expected Work Hours for FSQA Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Assistance for flavored confection labeling
[Ad]
Dear Mr.ziad.shalabi

By reviewing the video link the possibility of metal contamination in this in-mold labeling machine is possible. Because the cups are inverted & reverted back 90 degree every time. If any openings on the machine topside or loose screws in the machine , likely hood of contaminant is definitely possible. I would suggest you can introduce x-ray scanner at terminal end or mitigate the other possibilities by perform risk assessment for the equipment ....

Hope this will be helpful

Hi,

is the chocolate free from metal particles? Try a magnet. I assume you will find some. But I think your question is related to larger particles (foriegn bodies) which might be a health risk.

For us it is a general principle - all lines of finished products will end with a "foreign body detector" (metal detector or x-ray).

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Expected Work Hours for FSQA Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Assistance for flavored confection labeling Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes USA - CA Prop 65 Labeling for military commissary sales