What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Export frozen food to the USA

Started by , Feb 14 2019 12:49 PM
4 Replies

Hi all,

I want to export frozen food to USA. I have FDA Facility Registration Number.

The carrier sents the ISF 10+2 document to the CBP. Do i still need to make prior notice to the FDA?

Thank you in advance,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labeled Product for Export Only Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels? HACCP Flow Import and Export Export pork to EU Export Pet Foods from Canada to US
[Ad]

It depends on the product.  Agricultural material such as fruits, vegetables, etc require prior notification.  Animal based materials such as milk, meat, etc require FDA and/or USDA prior notice.  I'm not an expert on USA import, but I know this much.

Typically, exporting out of the US we utilize brokers to assist with the transactions.  They require a bit of money, but are worth it.  Perhaps there are brokers that can serve or help address your needs?

1 Thank

Hi all,

I want to export frozen food to USA. I have FDA Facility Registration Number.

The carrier sents the ISF 10+2 document to the CBP. Do i still need to make prior notice to the FDA?

Thank you in advance,

Very mystical.

Food = ?

isf = ?

10+2 = ? (other than 12)

CBP = ?

Hi again, 

Sorry for the few details.

It's about frozen dough products. With cream, spinach and cheese fillings.

ISF 10+2 form: https://www.pdffille...5ad2682dbe3b60d

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The carrier is going to sent the ISF 10+2 form to the CBP by the online systems available. 

And my question is: Do i still need to make prior notices to FDA for the products i will sent or the ISF 10+2 that the carrier is going to make is enough?

1 Thank

Somebody needs to do a prior notice for any food product that is imported into the US.  I can't access the ISF 10+2 form to see what information it has but I suspect it is not what is needed. 

You can do it through the FDA industry systems web site https://www.access.f...R5ioJOtp6928X39!-1893393941?execution=e1s1 or you can pay someone else to do it with your number.

Similar Discussion Topics
Labeled Product for Export Only Does anyone have experience in transitioning from export stamps to self-adhesive labels? HACCP Flow Import and Export Export pork to EU Export Pet Foods from Canada to US Looking to export from US to EU and UK - regulatory requirements? Labelling Requirements for Export into UK Export of salt from UK to USA Intended to export ready to eat and ready to cook food to UK Microbiological criteria for RTE snow crab for export to the US?