What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Detection, recording deviations and corrections

Started by , Feb 12 2019 05:51 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Metal detection is one of my critical control points.  I have a book that I log every time the metal detects anything.  I log what was found, if product was contaminated, disposition of product if so, immediate action taken, steps to prevent recurrence of deviation.  Then in my haccp plan I log any corrective actions needed (Operator did not perform enough checks, Metal detector became unplugged, Operator did not record checks properly, and corrective actions.  Do I have to record in my haccp book every time there is a metal hit if I record it in a separate book?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

Hello,

Metal detection is one of my critical control points.  I have a book that I log every time the metal detects anything.  I log what was found, if product was contaminated, disposition of product if so, immediate action taken, steps to prevent recurrence of deviation.  Then in my haccp plan I log any corrective actions needed (Operator did not perform enough checks, Metal detector became unplugged, Operator did not record checks properly, and corrective actions.  Do I have to record in my haccp book every time there is a metal hit if I record it in a separate book?

Thank you

No, as long as your HACCP plan book indicates that you have another controlled document/book/spread sheet that you are recording deviations and corrections, you should be fine. This is part of record keeping of your HACCP plan.

1 Thank

Hello,

Thank you

The text is a little confusing, Too many "books".

the haccp plan  is normally a separate, fixed, reference document often stored in a Haccp Manual M1, Not involved in "logging"  data.

The haccp plan's  "monitoring"  section should refer to a Form XYZ  which becomes a  Record XYZ. The latter are usually kept in a Binder B1.

Monitoring data for CCPs requires to be Verified which is usually included/ facilitated on the Form XYZ.

Any Defective data on Form XYZ requires raising another (cross-linked) Corrective Action Form/Record LMN which is usually kept in another Binder B2.

Corrective actions may require root analysis which sometimes is on same Form/Record LMN and sometimes on a separate Form/Record OPQ in another Binder B3

Hopefully not too many Forms/Records/Binders. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Looking for recommendation of third-party subject matter X-ray-Metal Detector BRCGS Requirement: Testing Metal Detectable Items on All Metal Detectors? Guideline for select the Size of test piece of Metal Detector BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Risk assessment - Metal Detector vs. X Ray (foreign body detection) Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes False Positive Metal Detection Reject Purchased a new metal detector lately? Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations