What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is weekly verification of documentation an acceptable frequency?

Started by , Jan 25 2019 05:25 PM
5 Replies
Most of my documents have an employee sign/initial section. And then a verification sign/initial.

I perform a weekly "overview" of all documents where i initial and date.
So my question is: is one werk an adequate time to do this? Or should it also be done daily.

Hope this isnt too confusing. Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Acceptable limit of arsenic in Jamaican sea moss What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? What are acceptable overage limits for potassium in dietary supplements? What are acceptable tolerances for Rare Earth Magnets in a food facility? Is it possible to reduce the frequency of swabbing without compromising food safety?
[Ad]

If it's a CCP then daily is a must

Otherwise document review weekly is fine (but it can pile up really quickly)

2 Likes

From what I believe you're asking - is reviewing the documents weekly rather daily adequate enough or allowed. One week is fine. According to FSMA you have within 7 days to review records on monitoring and corrective actions.

1 Like
Thank you both!

When it comes to CCPs I state that document review must happen before shipment of the product - this was satisfactory for our recent BRC Audit however, I agree with the commenter above - FSMA states within 7 days.

I agree iwith Scampi however, from memory, no Official schemes I have seen are more demanding than 2 days.

Similar Discussion Topics
Acceptable limit of arsenic in Jamaican sea moss What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? What are acceptable overage limits for potassium in dietary supplements? What are acceptable tolerances for Rare Earth Magnets in a food facility? Is it possible to reduce the frequency of swabbing without compromising food safety? Food Traceability & Mass Balance Documentation For spill-proof bottles, is it acceptable to use them for liquids other than clear water, such as squash or cordial provided by the company? Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary What is an Acceptable LOQ for Peanut Allergen Testing in Canada? Co-manufacturer Problems with Brands Not Giving Documentation