What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to manage document revisions?

Started by , Nov 01 2018 07:00 PM
4 Replies

Hello,

I'm working on an eventual move to SQF certification. Our current documents were written a long time ago and with each new update, the footer only reads - updated xx/xx/xxxx. I would like to start converting our documents to include a revision page but how should i begin numbering them given no actual history on updates? Any input would be greatly appreciated it. 

Thanks

Jesus

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? SQF Review document Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control
[Ad]

When I go into a site that has previously not tracked revision history or kept proper document control, I rewrite/update their documents, have the new document that is under proper control as Version 01, and have a Nature of Revision:  Legacy document updated to comply with SQF Edition 8.

2 Likes

Yep. What Marshenko said.

Just start fresh. Moving forward decide how you want to document revisions.

If it's a minor revision to a document, some people do incremental revisions (i.e. 1.0 becomes 1.1).

If it's a major revision to a document, some people do full revisions (i.e. 1.0 becomes 2.0).

The software I use does not do incremental revisions, so any time I replace a document, for any reason, 1 becomes 2 which becomes 3 etc.

Marshall

Check out this article from Fur Farm and Fork posted here on the website. Lots of good background on creating document control systems:

https://www.ifsqn.co...re-of-an-asset/

Thank you all! Great information!

Similar Discussion Topics
Is document conversion necessary for FSSC 22000 from NSF/ANSI 173? SQF Review document Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control How do you manage your food safety management system? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document?