What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Effect of BRC issue 8 on a company with BRC IoP issue 5 Certification?

Started by , Oct 23 2018 10:02 AM
5 Replies

I am hoping that someone can clear something up for me. 

1.  Is issue 5 the most current packaging BRC version?

2. How does BRC issue 8 effect a company who is accredited to BRC IoP issue 5?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
RCA or Cause and Effect Matrix Flours effect on APC count? Shrimp ammonium smell as an effect of drying Is there any effect on food safety if we take eggs from different farms to produce pasteurized liquid eggs? Effect of the allergens of the seasoning mix on the final product
[Ad]

Hi Les Ley,

1.  Is issue 5 the most current packaging BRC version?

Yes, it is.

2. How does BRC issue 8 effect a company who is accredited to BRC IoP issue 5?

It doesn't/should really have any impact at all.

Thank you pHruit.  Do you know if there is due to be a new issue of the packaging standard?

Thank you

Hi Les Ley,

Issue 6 is in development, I haven't seen a timescale for launch.

In part I would expect the changes to mimic Issue 8 Food changes such as requirements:

- to plan to develop a product safety culture

- for a confidential reporting system

- for food defence not just security

- for the control of product labels/printing

- for HACCP review & changes may be reflected in policies/objectives

- as a minimum the internal audit programme will include at least 4 different audit dates spread throughout the year

- the site shall have a procedure for the completion of root cause analysis

- the site shall have a documented traceability procedure

- the site shall have adequate measures in place to prevent birds from entering buildings or roosting above loading or unloading areas

- the significance of laboratory results shall be understood and acted upon accordingly

There may also be for extension of requirements for intended use, control of inks plus considering possible migration.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi All,

We were audited to BRC Packaging V 5 earlier this month and the auditor said that he anticipated the V6 would be out in August 2019 and we would have until 1st  Feb 2020 to comply. After that date all will be audited to the new standard. 

2 Thanks

Yes, that last  comment from Sharon was confirmed by my auditor last week. V6 draft consultation document can be downloaded from the BRC site but the date for comments has now passed.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
RCA or Cause and Effect Matrix Flours effect on APC count? Shrimp ammonium smell as an effect of drying Is there any effect on food safety if we take eggs from different farms to produce pasteurized liquid eggs? Effect of the allergens of the seasoning mix on the final product How to effect an effective Food Safety Culture Change Seasoning Blends - Yeast Count Effect Roasted nut - effect of moisture on micro growth Effect of moisture content on cashew nut kernels Scientific Studies/papers on effect of low aw on microbial growth