What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dietary Supplement Panel Requirements

Started by , Oct 10 2018 04:49 PM
2 Replies

Good morning, 

Our company manufactures dietary supplements containing Creatine Hydrochloride.  We have a brand name that we call our Creatine Hydrochloride, .  My question is when I go to design the dietary supplement panel how would I list this. 

Creatine Hydrochloride (BRAND NAME HCl)   750mg?

or 

Brand name (as creatine hydrochloride)  750 mg

Or neither?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can a U.S. dietary supplement manufacturer find a representative in Canada for NPN registration, and is it actually required? How can we obtain State Level Certificates of Free Sale for dietary supplements in Georgia? What are acceptable overage limits for potassium in dietary supplements? Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer
[Ad]

Hi Sarah,

Most of the US FDA rules state that you use the common or usual name for ingredients.  21 CFR 101.36 is Nutrition labeling of dietary supplements.  The website to find this is https://www.ecfr.gov...CFR?page=browse

Part (d)(1) of 21 CFR 101.36 says:

"(1) Source ingredients shall be identified in accordance with §101.4 (i.e., shall be listed by common or usual name, and the listing of botanicals shall specify the part of the plant from which the ingredient is derived) regardless of whether they are listed in an ingredient statement or in the nutrition label." 

I don't see anything about brand names in parenthesis so I'm not sure if that's ok or not.  Maybe try looking at FDA warning letters and see if there is anything about brand names for ingredients.  Reading through the warning letters is a good way to learn how the FDA interprets labeling and issues.

Hope this helps!

L

Yes, this is a tricky one. I will try the warning letters.  Good idea!  Thank you so much.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can a U.S. dietary supplement manufacturer find a representative in Canada for NPN registration, and is it actually required? How can we obtain State Level Certificates of Free Sale for dietary supplements in Georgia? What are acceptable overage limits for potassium in dietary supplements? Seeking Guidance on Legalizing Documents for Exporting Dietary Supplements to Kuwait Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Dietary Supplements Registration Does anyone have any information on the FDAs SSL regulations for powdered dietary supplements? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Dietary Supplements NSF 455-2 vs SQF FDA GMP 111 Dietary Supplements