What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Documentation for 13.2.7, purchasing equipment and protective clothing

Started by , Oct 03 2018 02:21 PM
4 Replies

Looking to see if someone can give me an example of how you documented 13.2.7.1?  The new edition now calls out that you shall have a specification and documented procedure for purchasing equipment and protective clothing.   We currently do not have a formal procedure and I'm hoping someone could share an example.  Thanks in advance.

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Food Traceability & Mass Balance Documentation Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary Co-manufacturer Problems with Brands Not Giving Documentation Food safety culture documentation
[Ad]

I created a simple standard procedure. We have new equipment arriving around our open window for our unannounced SQF audit and I hope this will be suffice. We also have a new equipment verification sheet, signed off by the HACCP team, and plan to include manufacturing diagrams, manuals, etc as evidence. Hope this helps.

here it an example

Attached Files

3 Thanks

I've lumped all purchasing together under 1 policy and this is the general outline

Purchasing Policy

• Documentation is reviewed annually and updated and/or generated when a new supplier (raw material or food contact packaging or chemicals) is approved, when new products are introduced, or processes are changed that could affect food safety.

• Raw and packaging materials, protective gear, equipment, utensils and ingredients shall comply with CFIA, Health Canada and any other legislation and regulations as required.  
  • A current register of all materials and equipment has been created and is annually reviewed and updated by the SQFP with supplier’s current Food safety system certification. All current Certificate of Approval or Letter of Guarantee are held on file. If the vendor is certified with a recognized 3rd party (SWF, BRC FSSC etc) no conformance assessment or questionnaire is required.
  • SQFP will verify all suppliers’ contact information during annual review.
  • Supplier’s conformance is assessed and reviewed yearly by SQFP during Internal Audit
1 Thank

Thank you for your help on this.  It really helped me out!

Similar Discussion Topics
What could be the root cause for a non-conformance related to scope determination and documentation in an ISO 22000 Stage 1 audit? Food Traceability & Mass Balance Documentation Documentation Requirements for BRCGS Non-Conformance Summary Co-manufacturer Problems with Brands Not Giving Documentation Food safety culture documentation Food Safety Culture Documentation Documentation needed to approve green unroasted Coffee supplier FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation Lost 3 months of work updating documentation SQF Internal Audit Documentation question