What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Fish Farm/Salmon and Leafy Greens Aquaponics - SQF question

Started by , Sep 10 2018 04:12 PM
3 Replies

Recently got hired by a facility to help in their quality department. They are currently trying to pass the quality code but I am questioning which areas of the code they should be focusing on.

Currently they are under manufacturing - Working on modules, 2, 10, 11, 6,7,8

For Salmon and Leafy Greens production where should their primary emphasis be? Because I think the team is stretched thin. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GMP checklist for open fish market COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Shelf life issue fresh fish Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Cutting fresh water fish
[Ad]

Emphasis always begins with your hazard analysis/food safety plan. Everything flows from there. Do an honest, realistic hazard analysis, determine your vulnerabilities, then focus on those areas that make your food SAFEST.

The code is a tool to be better, don't approach trying to pass the audit.

Hi CalW,

Seems an unusual mixture of Businesses ? Any particular relationship (other than water) ?

Hi Cal

First, can't jump right to quality level. Need to get mid tier first (what used to be level 2.)

Second of all you need to focus on main product... sounds like it is fish farming to me unless leafy greens are right up there with it.. let the aquaponics go for now.

You have way too many modules.

If you focus on the keys you can cut your module load down. Way too top heavy.

Similar Discussion Topics
GMP checklist for open fish market COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Shelf life issue fresh fish Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Cutting fresh water fish Making HACCP in fish factory Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? Manufacture of Poultry, Livestock and Fish Feed HACCP Glass procedure for fish factory