What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Query on Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACC)

Started by , Sep 04 2018 07:04 PM
1 Reply

Hi Everyone,

I have questions about the FDA RACC.

So for other candies, the RACC is 30g.

We currently are producing chocolate pieces in 50g each. 

Would it be 1 2/3 servings per container, serving size 30g ( 1.06 oz)? I cannot find such examples anywhere on the FDA website.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Salmonella Query BRC Internal Auditing Query Supplier Approval Program query Query regarding Backup to FS Director Query Production Zones for BRC 9
[Ad]
The FDA released a final rule: https://www.gpo.gov/.../2016-11865.pdf

says:

(6) A product that is packaged and sold individually that contains less than 200 percent of the applicable reference amount must be considered to be a single-serving container, and the entire content of the product must be labeled as one serving. In addition to providing a column within the Nutrition Facts label that lists the quantitative amounts and percent Daily Values per serving, for a product that is packaged and sold individually that contains more than 150 percent and less than 200 percent of the applicable reference amount, the Nutrition Facts label may voluntarily provide, to the left of the column that provides nutrition information per container (i.e., per serving), an additional column that lists the quantitative amounts and percent Daily Values per common household measure that most closely approximates the reference amount.

Basically, if your product is more than 1.5 servings (RACC) but LESS than 3 servings (RACC) then you label it as 1 serving.  In your case that means labeling it per 50g.  You may choose if you wish (I wouldn't) to go dual column and list both per 28g and 50g on the nutritional panel. 

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Salmonella Query BRC Internal Auditing Query Supplier Approval Program query Query regarding Backup to FS Director Query Production Zones for BRC 9 HACCP Brewing CCP Query SQF 9. Module 11. Risk Analysis Query Adulteration RASFF query Query regarding Safe Food for Canadians (SFCR) Licence One Product/ Other Product Provincially Inspected Gluten Free bakery, query section 8