What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the technical definition of highly refined oil?

Started by , Jun 26 2018 10:06 AM
1 Reply

What is the technical defiintion of highly refined oil?

how would I know if my oil is refined enough to be exempt from allergen decleartion?

Thanx

D guy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are the differences between Palm Oil and Refined Palmolein Oil, and do they have different RSPO considerations? Can you provide a template or example of a food loss and waste policy procedure for a semi-refined carrageenan company? Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils How can we make Technical exciting?! Technical Knowledge and Information Sources
[Ad]

The FDA does not actually define what a highly refined oil is.

Basically highly refined oils are edible oils "resulting from a process that involves de-gumming, neutralizing, bleaching and deodorizing the oils extracted from plant-based starting materials such as soybeans and peanuts".

If you have any questions about the process or the allergen status of oils you may use, I would contact the manufacturer.

Marshall

Similar Discussion Topics
What are the differences between Palm Oil and Refined Palmolein Oil, and do they have different RSPO considerations? Can you provide a template or example of a food loss and waste policy procedure for a semi-refined carrageenan company? Microbiological specifications for refined vegetable oils How can we make Technical exciting?! Technical Knowledge and Information Sources Highly Refined Soybean Oil Validation - NBFDS - BE- Bioengineered Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance When is CAPA required and what is definition of a correction under SQF? Technical planner template What websites do you use for scientific and technical developments?