What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSMA Food Safety Plan

Started by , Jun 21 2018 01:40 AM
1 Reply

How elaborate does the product description need to be? I am in a bakery, we bake several varieties. Can I describe just bread, buns and donuts? Or do I need to do a description of each variety?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Module 13 FSMA FSMA 204 Final Rule SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule
[Ad]

A general description of each product group should be sufficient.

This is our description. Our FDA Inspector had no issue with it.

The products all fall into the general family of rolls.  They are made in a mixing process of a straight dough. The dough is then divided into individual dough pieces, rounded, moulded, deposited into roll pans, proofed and baked. The rolls are depanned and cooled prior to slicing. The finished product is wrapped with a poly bag and sealed with a plastic tab closure. The code dates are imprinted onto the closure

Marshall

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Module 13 FSMA FSMA 204 Final Rule SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods Spice Industry Environmental Monitoring Program- Ready to Eat-FSMA Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? Differences between FSMA, VQIP and FDA Audits