What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC7-3.5 Procedures-Raw Material Risk Assessment

Started by , May 25 2018 01:06 PM
2 Replies

hello all, 

after I have developed my risk assessment study, now I have to set up control measures for each ingredient, we already receive a COA/COC from each supplier, and we verify the lot in the reception  ,are these measures sufficient?

otherwise what should we add?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC7-3.5 Procedures-Raw Material Risk Assessment/Supplier Approval Passing BRC7 Audit - Help closing nonconformities BRC7 Reference-Compliance Matrix Proposed Vulnerability Assessment, BRC7, 5.4.2 Tomorrow is our BRC7 Audit
[Ad]

Dear Selma Assili,

The risk assessment is the first step, which has been carried out by you. The receival of the COA and COC at each lot is just a part of the verification.

Now you have to work through the rest of Part 3.5. Just to mention 2 things, as I don't know the exact context:

• Supplier approval system and monitoring procedures need to be in place to ensure that all identified risks are effectively managed
  • You have to verify whether just the receival of COA/COC covers the risks you identified. Verification is surely necessary

All this needs to be well implemented and followed up.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

hello all, 

after I have developed my risk assessment study, now I have to set up control measures for each ingredient, we already receive a COA/COC from each supplier, and we verify the lot in the reception  ,are these measures sufficient?

otherwise what should we add?

Hi selma,

I deduce you are primarily referring to the "monitoring" in clauses 3.5.1.1 and 3.5.1.2.

The amount/type of "monitoring" carried out will usually relate to yr product/process/risk assessment as stated in 3.5.1.1. That's one reason why you do the RA.

Note that there is one BRC sort of Guidance example here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...al/#entry100194

(pdf file)

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC7-3.5 Procedures-Raw Material Risk Assessment/Supplier Approval Passing BRC7 Audit - Help closing nonconformities BRC7 Reference-Compliance Matrix Proposed Vulnerability Assessment, BRC7, 5.4.2 Tomorrow is our BRC7 Audit BRC7 Supplier Approval Questionnaires Reference-Compliance Matrix BRC7 BRC7, Question Regarding Security