What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Raw Cashew Nut Specification for Receiving

Started by , May 23 2018 12:37 PM
11 Replies

Hello everybody

Does anyone have guideline about checking the raw cashew nut when receiving ?

I am really appreciated your help .

Thank you so much

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
TVC Specification for the UK Temperature Taking for Shipping and Receiving Products APC limit in HPP finished juice & Spore specification in finished HPP juice specification 2.3.2.8 Microbiological specification dairy products
[Ad]

I would see if this helps you.

Attached Files

2 Thanks

I've used this one. https://www.afius.or...hews-part-i.pdf

Country of Origin may have supporting documents I know India has cashewindia.org

2 Thanks

IMEX of  raw agricultural produce (not nuts) mosture is one commonly used quality factor.

I notice that the moisture tolerances in specs of posts1 and 2 are 3-5% and ca 10% respectively. Curious.

IMEX of  raw agricultural produce (not nuts) mosture is one commonly used quality factor.

I notice that the moisture tolerances in specs of posts1 and 2 are 3-5% and ca 10% respectively. Curious.

according to Vietnam Standard TCVN 4850: 2010 - 5.1.3. "The moisture content of the kernels should not be greater than 5% by volume."

1 Thank

according to Vietnam Standard TCVN 4850: 2010 - 5.1.3. "The moisture content of the kernels should not be greater than 5% by volume."

Volume ? Very unusual.

right? I translated the page with google so maybe something was lost in translation. Currently try to limit my cashew purchases to Brazil or India but it seems like there is a lot of different info out there.

Well the codex stan I referenced is for peanuts (Arachis
hypogaea) and not cashew nut (Anacardium occidentale) so that probably explains the discrepancy

After some browsing I observed commercial specs ranging from 2 - 10% .

Codex are apparently currently involved in attempting a harmonised cashew  nut standard, see cas1 below.

cas1 - cac40_08_add1e, 2017.pdf   1.42MB   45 downloads

After browsing through the accessible "reference" standards listed in cas1 (see Pg6) I found these limits -

(N/A = Not Available, ie No moisture value stated)

1. Asean draft, 2011 =  5%

2. UNECE, 2013     = 5%

3. IS 7750, 1975  =  N/A

4. Phillipine PNS/BAFPS 59:2008, 2008 = 5%

5. Tanzania Regulations(G.N. No. 369 of 1996): Cashew nut (Marketing), 1996 = N/A

6. Vietnam National Technical Regulation on Food Safety and Hygiene for Cashew Kernel (QCVN 01-

27: 2010/BNNPTNT) 2010 = N/A

7. VIETNAM STANDARD TCVN 4850: 2010 = 5%

8. Global Cashew Council, Standard for Cashew Kernels, ca 2012 = 5%

Possible that some specs are merely copied "across" (as specifically stated to be the case in Nos 8/2 above). Anyway 5% seems the preferred choice.

However the process document below (mentions 9% inter alia) implies that the value may also relate to the specific treatment (eg sun-dried/roasted) which sounds plausible although i have no experience this product -

cas2 - Cashew Nuts Processing,Nigeria,2007.pdf   233.18KB   35 downloads

1 Thank

addendum -

also noticed this -

cas3 - raw cashew-cashew kernel specs.png   133.73KB   9 downloads

So maybe the variation is also geographical.

@cuong

Yr OP asked about checking at receival.

Were you referring to the unshelled item or the kernel product ? Hopefully the latter.

Obviously aflatoxin may be useful to measure.

Other items will relate to your specific Product Specification. Do you have one ?

1 Thank

addendum -

also noticed this -

cas3 - raw cashew-cashew kernel specs.png

So maybe the variation is also geographical.

@cuong

Yr OP asked about checking at receival.

Were you referring to the unshelled item or the kernel product ? Hopefully the latter.

Obviously aflatoxin may be useful to measure.

Other items will relate to your specific Product Specification. Do you have one ?

Hi Charles.

Thank for your big support. I've already collected document about raw cashew nut and kernel cashew spec. I shared enclosed files if you care.

Best regards.

Attached Files

1 Thank

Thanks for the documents. i find them usefull for my work

Similar Discussion Topics
TVC Specification for the UK Temperature Taking for Shipping and Receiving Products APC limit in HPP finished juice & Spore specification in finished HPP juice specification 2.3.2.8 Microbiological specification dairy products Traceability issue with product receiving? Bulk raw material receiving and traceability SQF 2.3.2.9 - Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK?