What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone give me an example of a mock recall topic?

Started by , Apr 08 2018 10:35 AM
9 Replies

Can anyone give me example of mock recall topic? badly needed for our ISO FSSC inspection this coming June 2018. Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What lessons can be learned from the Boars Head Listeria recall? Mock Recall Withdrawal Excerise. Why a recall for mold, rather than a withdrawal? Can you provide a template or example of a customer letter for a mock recall? If a customer reports finding metal in a product how should you decide whether to initiate a recall?
[Ad]

Hello, 

The Mock recall should be mentioned into the Recall procedure and done according to the FSSC needs , but be aware cause any topic will you put as a mock recall reason, the auditors could ask about the CAPA for it and the root cause, topic could be defects into the products ( you should mention the defect and the type and also mention what are the documents that you checked during the mock recall). 

Hope that help you, if you have any inquiry, please contact me. 

Regards 

Mohamed  

Hi Sir Mohamed, 

Thank you for your inputs. 

Hello, 

The Mock recall should be mentioned into the Recall procedure and done according to the FSSC needs , but be aware cause any topic will you put as a mock recall reason, the auditors could ask about the CAPA for it and the root cause, topic could be defects into the products ( you should mention the defect and the type and also mention what are the documents that you checked during the mock recall). 

Hope that help you, if you have any inquiry, please contact me. 

Regards 

Mohamed  

1 Thank

I think you can reference at FDA (Recall procedures)

Thanks

Can anyone give me example of mock recall topic? badly needed for our ISO FSSC inspection this coming June 2018. Thank you! 

Hi nsoriano,

Can try this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...-recall-report/

(there are many others)

Hello Soriano,

Used the topic that is always or often happening on you plant. In our plant, we used mislabeling, it may not cause harm but recall is necessary due to it legal liability.

regards,

redfox

Your topic for mock recall will depend on what you are producing and also what your auditors are looking for. 

I would suggest doing a mock recall on an  ingredient used in your product and also doing a mock recall on a finished product. 

They are all sorts of scenarios - the supplier of an ingredient to you could do a recall for any reason ( undeclared allergen, equipment failure, foreign material, micro etc) , you could recall a finished product for a scenario at your plant for various reasons ( equipment failure, mislabeling, product tampering, foreign material etc)

1 Like1 Thank

Your topic for mock recall will depend on what you are producing and also what your auditors are looking for. 

I would suggest doing a mock recall on an  ingredient used in your product and also doing a mock recall on a finished product. 

They are all sorts of scenarios - the supplier of an ingredient to you could do a recall for any reason ( undeclared allergen, equipment failure, foreign material, micro etc) , you could recall a finished product for a scenario at your plant for various reasons ( equipment failure, mislabeling, product tampering, foreign material etc)

Hi RE,

afaik a mock recall usually involves one's own product (ie potentially liable to have to be recalled by you).

@ nsoriano -

Any further comments ??

CC, 

What I was getting at is that it is helpful to do a recall if you use an ingredient in your product and the ingredient is recalled by the supplier. In this scenario you would also have to recall your own product ( if you made product with the ingredient recalled).  

Additionally you could do a recall based around something happening in your own facility that impacted the safety/quality of the product. 

Both scenarios involve recalling your own products. 

1 Like1 Thank

CC, 

What I was getting at is that it is helpful to do a recall if you use an ingredient in your product and the ingredient is recalled by the supplier. In this scenario you would also have to recall your own product ( if you made product with the ingredient recalled).  

Additionally you could do a recall based around something happening in your own facility that impacted the safety/quality of the product. 

Both scenarios involve recalling your own products. 

Hi RE,

Thanks for the clarification.

Similar Discussion Topics
What lessons can be learned from the Boars Head Listeria recall? Mock Recall Withdrawal Excerise. Why a recall for mold, rather than a withdrawal? Can you provide a template or example of a customer letter for a mock recall? If a customer reports finding metal in a product how should you decide whether to initiate a recall? Mock Recall - Forward and backward traceability requirements Massive Recall Quaker Recall SQF Mock Recalls Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef