What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Mesh screen verification kit

Started by , Mar 28 2018 03:48 PM
1 Reply

I am trying to find a kit to verify mesh sizes. A consultant I worked with once,  had a kit of "calibrated" needles that you could place in a small mesh screen to verify the size. A lot easier than using a calipers. (especially on a 80 mesh screen). Does anyone know where I could purchase? Did a internet search but couldn't find anything. Or any of the options.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
CCP Validation / 80 mesh for Physical Contamination How do I get the cocoa powder fineness reached 99.5% (200 mesh).? Flour Sieve Mesh Size for Bread Making Sifting Screen Mesh Size UK Substitution of mesh balls in screeners
[Ad]

I've used a set of standardized tiny (for circuit boards) drill bits to verify small hole sizes. They aren't the best option, but it's a good way to have a "needle" of verified size. Of course if you spin them you'll put a hole in your mesh. But I use them to check hole sizes on bottles to see if the leak detection equipment upstream is catching the holes it should.

Similar Discussion Topics
CCP Validation / 80 mesh for Physical Contamination How do I get the cocoa powder fineness reached 99.5% (200 mesh).? Flour Sieve Mesh Size for Bread Making Sifting Screen Mesh Size UK Substitution of mesh balls in screeners Do we need to maintain traceability records for mesh filters? Sieving cocoa powder, what mesh? Validation For A Shifter Mesh Size