What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ensuring Employees and Guests understand the GMP regulations

Started by , Mar 02 2018 06:45 PM
3 Replies

I'm new to this Facility and would like to ensure all Production Workers, Staff, and/or Guest understand the GMP regulations.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ensuring Reliability of PCR Plastic Film for Food Packaging Developing a Sampling Plan for Leasing Space Above Production: Ensuring Microbial Safety and Compliance European Standards for Food: Ensuring Safety and Quality Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence
[Ad]

Best way is to make it a conversation. Rather than just giving them the document with the list of rules, talk to them about what sorts of things are on there and why. Get them thinking "food safety" if you can. If they're thinking about why they should/shouldn't do things, you'll have much more success than trying to get them to remember all the rules.

I like to engage with people in training, get them laughing a little. Great example is "no nail polish, fake nails, false eyelashes..." at which point I look at any men in the group, "I'm not here to judge, but don't wear that stuff at work." While explaining all the times to wash hands, "if you touch something you wouldn't want to lick" helps you not have to specify brooms, garbage bins, etc.

Lump concepts together if you can. Blue metal detectable bandages and glass policy seem unrelated until you talk about having a metal detector.

Employees are easier, I think, not just because they're there every day but because you can appeal to their desire to do work they can take pride in. And then, once you've appealed to their pride, they'll hold others accountable as well.

1 Like1 Thank

It is very easy for a visitor to not follow the GMPs that are designated for them to follow.

Especially, since most facilities I've been to simply post a list of them and expect each visitor to read and understand them in a couple of seconds.

Our clients train their employees on the GMPs and explain why each one is important, not just tell them they are important but explain the why and how it can impact fellow employees, the facility and customers.

In addition they train their contractors on a completely separate GMP statement by not just sending them a GMP for contractor list but having each one and in turn their workers come in for a training session explaining the impacts of their actions on the employees, fellow contractors, the company and customers.

With visitors it is most times the Operations personnel or Quality Assurance Manager that will review the Visitor GMPs and then reinforce the requirements (such as if they are going into the facility and not just the office area) by guiding them in the GMPs from the office area for instance for removal of watches, rings, earrings, etc to stopping them to wash their hands, sanitize, don a coat, booties, etc.

When I was a Coca Cola facility once they had a mandatory visitor  video program that a visitor had to watch prior to entry - it was very well done.

1 Thank

I borrow the red cross idea. On arrival visitors are given a binder of GMP's they need to follow in the plant. Their "sign in" includes them agreeing to adhere by the GMP's they reviewed.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Ensuring Reliability of PCR Plastic Film for Food Packaging Developing a Sampling Plan for Leasing Space Above Production: Ensuring Microbial Safety and Compliance European Standards for Food: Ensuring Safety and Quality Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Ideas for ensuring an ingredient is never missed in a batch Ensuring brands are protected when making consumer-facing plant-based Ensuring brands are protected when making consumer-facing plant-based claims