What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP for Flavours (i.e. artificial and nature identical flavor)

Started by , Jan 29 2018 01:38 AM
2 Replies

Does Anyone know where do i find some useful links when creating hazard for artificial flavour and nature identical flavor. im gathering some info about the limits of chemical and micro hazard for flavour but no one will appear some set of standards from codex or jecfa. 

hope u will help me.

Thank u.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP?
[Ad]

You won't really find any "standard".  When I was in flavors we based on our hazard assessment on the chemicals meeting the USP requirements.

http://www.usp.org/a...dard-categories

The micro hazard, for the most part, is non-existent with flavor chemicals.  You may have a micro hazard with some natural flavors, juice extract types and what not, but very rare.

There are no references that I am aware of regarding microbiological risks associated with flavors.  Generally, if a compounded flavor contains 20% or more of ethanol or propylene glycol, it is not a microbial risk.  Individual flavor chemicals, or concentrated flavors containing all chemicals (no water, juice, botanical, etc.) is also not generally a risk.  

The Society of Flavor Chemists (I am a member) has a public LinkedIn group you can join if you would like to ask flavor-specific questions.  

Similar Discussion Topics
How to Effectively Implement and Monitor Heat-Sealed Packaging as a CCP in HACCP Plan? Incorporating Outsourced Suppliers into HACCP Risk Assessments: BRC Clause 3.5.4.3 Compliance No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? How detailed do the documents have to be for HACCP meetings? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? HACCP HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP for storing and distributing packaging for food products BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? What HACCP and Food Safety plan does salsa fall under