What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety of Ready-to-Eat stir-fry kit

Started by , Dec 01 2017 06:21 PM
1 Reply

Good Morning, I work in a ready to cook meat company. 

Our customer is looking into making a stir-fry kit, which would include cooked noodles, raw vegetable, a sealed bag of raw meat and a sealed bag of sauce. 

I am worry that, even the instruction say that we should stir-fry everything, that would not stop people to grab some vegetable, noodles and sauce and put it in their lunch bag and only microwave it. I am thinking that for a safety point of view, the whole process should be in a separate part of the establishment. Am I wrong?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud
[Ad]

If you are going to call it a "ready to eat" kit then yes but if you are calling it a meal kit I don't think so.  We have produced a protein containing meal kit in the past but it was a ready to cook not ready to eat.

Are you just supplying the meat pouch or will you be assembling the whole kit?  If the whole thing will you package the noodles and vegetables?

Similar Discussion Topics
Rejection for major food allergen Food Safety Requirements Food Safety Requirements Can Inhalers and Emergency Prescribed Medications be Allowed in Food Production Areas under SQF and FDA Requirements? Food Fraud Food Category under Codex Guidance on Using "Clean Label" for Imported Food Products How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables?