What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Voluntary Module 11 - Meat Supply Chain Assurance

Started by , Nov 24 2017 04:26 PM
1 Reply
Hi,

I was looking into VM 11 and I got bit confused:

Clause 11.1.1 says ''There shall be a supply chain map for all meat raw materials, which identifies each storage and processing facility in the full supply chain back to the place of slaughter.(...)''
Than 11.1.3 ''The site shall test the traceability system for a lot code of meat/meat preparation received on site back to the slaughter plant, including any intermediate processing and/or storage facilities where used.(...)'' 

There is my question - does the clause 11.2.2 (approval of meat supply chain - BRC VMM or Audit) include  approving the slaughterhouse? I mean, If my raw material come form many different slaughterhouses, do they also have to have BRC VMM/ audited, or that requirement is applicable to everything after slaughterhouse? 

Thanks
Madzia 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HAVI voluntary module for BRCGS Packaging BRCGS Clause 7 traded goods - voluntary? Voluntary Quality Notification instead of Recall? BRC New voluntary module: 15, FSMA Repacker with one line - looking into voluntary auditing
[Ad]

Hi Madzia,

There is a position statement on this on the BRC website which might help you https://www.brcgloba...e-module-11.pdf

Similar Discussion Topics
HAVI voluntary module for BRCGS Packaging BRCGS Clause 7 traded goods - voluntary? Voluntary Quality Notification instead of Recall? BRC New voluntary module: 15, FSMA Repacker with one line - looking into voluntary auditing Con Yeager Spice Company Issues a Voluntary Recall for Ground Cumin an Bimbo Bakeries USA Issues Allergy Alert and Voluntary Regional Recall Gel Spice Company, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Recall Of Fresh Finds Bran Mars Petcare US Announces Voluntary Recall of 22 Bags of PEDIGREE® Voluntary Disclosure of Food Safety Non-conformances