What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microfiber rags vs Paper Towels vs Wypall

Started by , Sep 22 2017 11:27 PM
5 Replies

What is the best option for cleaning food contact surfaces in a dry facility using a spray and wipe procedure?

We process walnuts and all equipment is blown off and then sprayed with a cleaner, thoroughly wiped off, and then sanitized. In the past we have used paper towels but they don't work all that well as far as absorption and tear quite quickly. I recently toured a facility that used microfiber clothes for zone 1 and then terrycloth rags for 2 & 3. They were laundered using a contracted service. I have also looked into Kimberly-Clark Wypall products as I felt that would be better because they are single use products.

What do you all feel is the best product to use for our application?

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

We use lint free towels in our dry blow molding areas with a laundry service. The biggest thing that's hard to manage as QA is getting people to grab clean towels and properly take care of dirty ones.

I very rarely see any foreign material or debris introduced by the towels however, so they seem to work well.

When I worked in a bakery, we used the Wypall towels that came in a large roll.  They did not tear easily, did not have lint, and were absorbent

What is the best option for cleaning food contact surfaces in a dry facility using a spray and wipe procedure?

We process walnuts and all equipment is blown off and then sprayed with a cleaner, thoroughly wiped off, and then sanitized. In the past we have used paper towels but they don't work all that well as far as absorption and tear quite quickly. I recently toured a facility that used microfiber clothes for zone 1 and then terrycloth rags for 2 & 3. They were laundered using a contracted service. I have also looked into Kimberly-Clark Wypall products as I felt that would be better because they are single use products.

What do you all feel is the best product to use for our application?

Hi there, we process peanuts and I have a similar problem. What type of spray cleaner do you use, how do you sanitize and what did you eventually end up doing?

We use the Wypalls with DrySan spray from Ecolab. Its been 2 months so far and had no issues.

Wypall all the way.

Similar Discussion Topics