What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Language of documentation

Started by , Aug 01 2017 03:43 PM
2 Replies

Hi

I have been asked to help a factory in Holland to become BRC accredited, i am from the UK.  Fellow Technical personnel in Holland does the documentation have to be in Dutch or English.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Language Labels for Export from US Make-Up Training with a Language Barrier In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Training with Language Barrier Language used for policies
[Ad]

It has to be in a language that is understood by the people who use the documentation.

I know a lot of people in Holland speak great English, but a lot of lower level and older workers do not.

You would normally expect the documentation to be in the native language and also have relevant documentation in other translations for those that do not speak the local language.  

Cheers,

Simon

For some internal companies, I do see manuals that are a mix in more languages. Mostly English and Dutch, sometimes German and Dutch or even French and Dutch.

Policies, management review, company descriptions, sometimes procedures and HACCP study are then in English, while forms and instructions are in Dutch (or Polish).

It depends for who the documents are intended to be used.

For multinationals the global documents are normally in English.

Even my own CB has manual in different languages. Global procedures are in English  and local in Dutch  (or at least for the departments in the Netherlands)

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Language Labels for Export from US Make-Up Training with a Language Barrier In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Training with Language Barrier Language used for policies Ingredient & Nutritional declaration- Language Food Safety Training in Foreign Language Language Diversities, LIkes and Dislikes SQF 2.9.5 Language, Handling Multiple Language Issues Find BRC version 6 ( Vietnamese language )