What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hold and Release Tags

Started by , Jun 21 2017 04:13 PM
1 Reply

I have a question about hold tags/stickers that are placed on the product box. Do you remove them or leave them on after the product has been approved for release?

We store our cooked product in large combo bin/boxes until it's time to pack it, so this is not the final primary packaging. When I need to place the unfinished product on hold I put stickers/labels on the box to identify the hold, then move the product to a specific location. When the product is approved and safe to use, I have been removing the sticker and placing the bin back into the approved product hold.

My thought is if I leave the Hold label on and add a released or approved label, then I wouldn't have to talk to 5 different people to advise its approved and then have them come back and ask what it was I approved because they don't remember or don't want to look up the Hold/Release Log.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Is it possible to Hot Fill Hold with No Inversion? Will a VCM bring my acidified product to required temp for hot-fill-hold processing? Best Certificates to hold as a Quality Assurance or Control Professional Do we have to hold all our documents for 5 years based on FSMA regulation?
[Ad]

It depends on the purpose of the hold/hault process.

Depending on the critical value point (ie: bacterial, material, etc), then you are able to determine if the product is safe for release.

It depends entirely on your hold/release program as well.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Is it possible to Hot Fill Hold with No Inversion? Will a VCM bring my acidified product to required temp for hot-fill-hold processing? Best Certificates to hold as a Quality Assurance or Control Professional Do we have to hold all our documents for 5 years based on FSMA regulation? Hot Fill Hold Temperature Hold and release procedures for product testing Hot Fill and Hold Temperatures - Question Hot Fill Hold Process SOP for Acidified Foods Company to make customized hold tags