What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Practice Cleaning and Sanitizing - USA Converting Equipment

Started by , Feb 08 2017 12:24 AM
2 Replies

Reviewing possible chemistries that have been recommended on several sites BRC Pack 5.   Can anyone communicate current chemicals they are using on sheeters, rewinders and slitters?   Seeing QUAT and Bleach as top leaders.  Concerned about metal wear and belts.

Appreciate your support.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification Best Practice on Changing Outerwear
[Ad]

If you use solvent ink the clear 80/20 solvent work very well. The Alcohol kills the bugs and Acetate cleans with no residue.

You have to be careful with Quat, it will destroy your equipment if not properly mixed. 

I use bleach at 1 to 4 ratio but my requirements are to ensure that the equipment is properly dried after applied.  As soon as I can, i'm going to a pre-mix station and using a quat based sanitizer. 

Additionally, I start with a heavy degreaser (simple green crystal) with no odor and colorless. Then I finish with my sanitizer.

I've have not had any positive listeria test or any issues with mold, yeast or apc.

FYI, I'm a blown film manufacturer with winders, bag machines, extruders. 

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Master Cleaning Schedule and Wareshouse Cleaning air conditioning pipes that are high up The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification Best Practice on Changing Outerwear Cleaning Process and Chemicals Cleaning and Sanitation in production area Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment?