What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Setting limits for Legionella in water systems

Started by , Jan 16 2017 09:10 AM
1 Reply

Hi all ;

I need some information about setting legionella limits in tap water (for washing food contact equipment) and drinking water .

Since a certain regulation has not been set I am confused about countries' limits.

Can anyone help me on this? Or is there anyone designated some limits ? if so  taking which reference?

Thanks and Regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are Neck Fans permissible in a cGMP setting? Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Flour correctors and improvers vs wheat quality and mill setting Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Setting up new syrup product line and have CCP question?
[Ad]

Hi Aegean,

Offhand, I do not see any specific literature details for water/food process lines. I guess the micro. requirements for potable water represent a logical reference. I would expect yr local Public Heath Department to have such a set of micro. requirements ?

Opinions regarding Legionella action limits for water seem to vary significantly between locations and also with respect to application,eg cooling towers,domestic etc, for example, here is OSHA -

https://www.osha.gov.../otm_iii_7.html

(note the caveat - "Remember that these numbers are only guidelines, and the goal is zero detectable Legionella in a water source.")

and 2 examples for UK -

legionella,2011.pdf   1.26MB   10 downloads

Legionella,2014.pdf   88.3KB   14 downloads

The current UK HSE literature is accessible here -

http://www.hse.gov.u...ns/books/l8.htm

You probably need to find out which reference source is regulatory applicable to yr location.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are Neck Fans permissible in a cGMP setting? Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Flour correctors and improvers vs wheat quality and mill setting Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Setting up new syrup product line and have CCP question? Leak detection Setting help Setting limits for lab testing Setting Manual sorting as OPRP-CCP Setting Food Safety and Quality Objectives ATP Swabbing Advice On Setting Pass Fail Criteria