What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Forklift Sanitation and Cleaning

Started by , Nov 24 2016 12:09 AM
5 Replies

Hi

Does anyone have an example of a sanitaion and cleaning of forklift and pallet trucks.

thanks

Buknoy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Risk Assessment on forklift traveling outside Forklift in Packaging Manufacturing Areas Forklift training How to repair Damaged Forklift Seats What qualifies as sufficient Forklift Training?
[Ad]

Hi Buknoy,

Do you mean an SOP?  I had one at a previous company, and honestly didn't think to create one at the company I'm at now.  We do have forklift sanitation that my warehouse supervisor manages.  We use sanitizing wipes to wipe down the hand and foot controls, seat belt and latch, seat area, and outside of the wheels.  It is impossible to get the tires due to the design, but they go through our door/entry way quat foamer sanitizer all day/all night.  We swab them monthly for micro and pathogens and haven't had any issues so it works for us.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reminding of creating an SOP for this!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply, yes Im looking for SOP and some sample checklist for forklift sanitation and cleaning

because of the BRC audit. I only have a daily checklist before using the forklift.

Thanks,

Buknoy

Ryan, 

What type of sanitizing wipes do you use (eg. food grade / regular, etc.)? 

Ryan, 

What type of sanitizing wipes do you use (eg. food grade / regular, etc.)? 

http://nelsonjameson...pes-p11579.html

We also have Ecolab service us and they provide us with food contact surface wipes.  They are called the Eco-Wipe FCS.

1 Thank

There are many at present you can google about them. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar Discussion Topics
Risk Assessment on forklift traveling outside Forklift in Packaging Manufacturing Areas Forklift training How to repair Damaged Forklift Seats What qualifies as sufficient Forklift Training? Forklift Cleaning and Sanitation Technical specification for forklift rental services? Forklift Inspection Records Recording Forklift Hours - is it necessary? 13.3.2 Hand Washing - conformance for forklift drivers