What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dropped Brisket on Cement..Still Safe to eat?

Started by , Nov 19 2016 11:54 AM
9 Replies

I'm smoking a brisket and I dropped it on the cement as I was taking it out to reposition. I put it back on and it will be cooking for several more hours. Is it still safe to eat?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What to do with meat dropped on the floor? Have any of you in manufacturing dropped the mask requirements for your facility? Dropped Meat Policy UK Shrimp Salvage Procedure for Dropped Product on Line Has anybody dropped ISO9001:2008 and just used BRC issue 5?
[Ad]

I'm smoking a brisket and I dropped it on the cement as I was taking it out to reposition. I put it back on and it will be cooking for several more hours. Is it still safe to eat?

It likely depends on what has previously contacted yr cement.

And perhaps the immune system of intended consumer.

The real question is - can you demonstrate that it is?

A quick brush down, pick of the hairs and grit and other foreign bodies and should be ok. 

Although depends on how long left in contact with the floor.  Overnight could be a problem. :smile:

Regards,

Simon

within 3 seconds it should be fine... :rofl2:

Anyone having Brisket for Thanksgiving?

I would suggest that at least give it a quick wash with plain water to remove any physical contaminants picked up from these cemented floors. Next if possible after this brisket is completely cooked send a piece of it for micro analysis, just to reconfirm that there is not any micro contamination.

Good Luck.

QAM

Chemical ?

Barfblog just posted a great article covering your exact situation in detail.

http://barfblog.com/...hits-the-floor/

Cheers!

Barfblog just posted a great article covering your exact situation in detail.

http://barfblog.com/...hits-the-floor/

Cheers!

Hi Earth,

Indoor Linoleum vs Outdoor Cement !

Apples and Oranges !

But thanks for the nice article, poopy toxin and all !

Similar Discussion Topics
What to do with meat dropped on the floor? Have any of you in manufacturing dropped the mask requirements for your facility? Dropped Meat Policy UK Shrimp Salvage Procedure for Dropped Product on Line Has anybody dropped ISO9001:2008 and just used BRC issue 5? Why has Issue 6 dropped the words Hard Plastic? Do you pick your dropped food? And eat it?