What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Reference for hand swab in food & beverage manufacture

Started by , Nov 03 2016 09:12 AM
1 Reply

Hallo everyone,

This is my first post in this forum.

First, thank you very much for your help.

I want to know reference methode for hand swab in food & beverage manufactur??

Can you give me the advice?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference
[Ad]

Hallo everyone,

This is my first post in this forum.

First, thank you very much for your help.

I want to know reference methode for hand swab in food & beverage manufactur??

Can you give me the advice?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Hi annisacitras,

Reference methods exist but tend to vary with location. All are probably subjective with respect to interpretation of results. Micro count data is not noted for high accuracy.

This is probably one of the simplest procedures  -

swabbing2

In contrast, here is an official, detailed, general swabbing procedure but which would require you to adjust for a hand-shaped template -

UK Detection_and_enumeration_of_bacteria_in_swabs_and_other_environmental_samples.pdf   329.62KB   52 downloads

Use of the Appendix procedure in above pdf is, I think, illustrated in 2nd segment of this video -

swabbing

For calculation purposes in 2nd example, the area involved might be approx. assessed as per this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...other-surfaces/

PS - Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation Risk Reference list in BRCGS Issue 9 Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Reference for sampling plan Cross reference between BRC Packaging issue 6 and ISO 9001:2015