What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sous vide meat swollen like a balloon and smells, is it ok to eat?

Started by , Oct 19 2016 05:56 AM
4 Replies
hi everyone, i am in a catering business and one of the methods we adopted is the sous vide of the meats. we have been using this methods for years but currently we are experiencing problems in our finished product. our sous vide meat is cooked slowly using improvised sous vide (we used large cookers) with inserted temp controller. fortunately, one of the batches we cooked have swollen like a balloon, and it has a horrible smell upon opening. we have experienced it twice within this month. it is safe to eat swollen sous vide meat? can anyone help with this matter? thnks in advance..Godbless
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sous Vide Chicken Breast- Safe at less than 165°F? Sous vide and pregnancy HACCP plan for Sous Vide for lamb Sous vide safety - short term Sous vide - under vaccum meals
[Ad]

Hi streamchem79,

:welcome:

I would suspect that you already know the answer to your question   :bug:

Some of this advice from CDC ref. canning is appropriate

Kind regards,

Tony

I wouldn't eat it

A little sea salt and some ketchup, it'll be fine 

Not safe.  You need to validate your cooking method for safety (time and temperature).

Similar Discussion Topics
Sous Vide Chicken Breast- Safe at less than 165°F? Sous vide and pregnancy HACCP plan for Sous Vide for lamb Sous vide safety - short term Sous vide - under vaccum meals