What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Substitution of mesh balls in screeners

Started by , Sep 02 2016 03:15 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone,

Its been a while that i have joined the discussions but i enjoy reading all the topics which are helpful to our food safety team.

I would appreciate if everyone can provide solutions to our current problem with our screeners. Our external auditor suggested that if we can remove the polyurethane mesh balls in our screeners due they found out that we replace these balls when it becomes "thinned out" or becomes small due to contact with the screens. The auditor therefore concluded that the parts of these balls went with our product.These balls are used to prevent blinding of screens and without these items the production will be affected. 

Hope to hear from everyone.

Thanks.

Chebar. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Substitution fraud likelihood for celery seed Is product substitution a form of food fraud? No substitution for experience How often to check historical evidence of substitution or adulteration Substitution for chlorine tablet in Fruit and Veg Sanitisation?
[Ad]

Hello Chebar,

I am not sure if I can help but reading your post, I feel it would be useful to get more information about what product you make and where in the process do you have these screes?

Hello Chebar,
It seems that the point of the auditor was that the material of those mesh balls must be resistant enough not to be ground into the product.
Maybe metallic balls exist?
Regards,
Pauline

Hi Chebar,

It is difficult to approach your challenge without more detail about the purpose, procedures, etc., of your application, however I can tell you there are metallic balls which are food-grade. These are specifically made for what are called bead mills or ball mills. The mills are used to grind fluid phase foods like cocoa mass or pharmaceuticals into extremely find consistencies. If you research the beads for bead mills you will discover they are available in a variety of sizes, materials, specifications, with and without certs of conformance, replacement schedules, etc. The proper beads could be fully documented with specification as part of a program with an SOP.

Best regards,

Greg

Similar Discussion Topics
Substitution fraud likelihood for celery seed Is product substitution a form of food fraud? No substitution for experience How often to check historical evidence of substitution or adulteration Substitution for chlorine tablet in Fruit and Veg Sanitisation?