What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to check frozen core temperature using temperature probe?

Started by , Aug 19 2016 02:34 AM
3 Replies

Hi, 

I have an inquires on how to check frozen core temperature using probe temperature..Please help me.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Room Risk Sanity Check Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Storage temperature of pasteurized milk cooler storage temperature failure
[Ad]

Hi, 

I have an inquires on how to check frozen core temperature using probe temperature..Please help me.

Hi req-sad,

You will have to supply a little context, eg

what is the product/size/dimensions/shape of product ?

hopefully not surrounded by a thick layer of ice.

1 Thank

Hi,

My product is frozen pound cake. I used probe thermometer to check the core product temperature.

Actually, I want to know the right method to use the probe thermometer ie. how long should I take the temperature, or should I place the probe thermometer in the cold room while taking the reading.

Appreciated you all can discuss here. Thank you.

Hi req-sad,

I deduce this is referring to frozen product in cartons stored in a cold room ca -18degC.

Assuming stored product is at equilibrium with the environment, the usual, non destructive, method is to measure the temperature between contacting/adjacent cartons. This is a long established procedure in the literature, eg Codex. This is obviously an approximation to core temp. but a convenient one.

You can compare by inserting a narrow, probe into ~center of one of the cakes (i assume this is physically possible), the reaction time of a TC should be rapid.

IMEX, many commercial, portable, thermocouple instruments will temporarily cease functioning after a short period in -18degC environment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Chocolate Melting Kettles - Holding temperature & cleaning requirements Room Risk Sanity Check Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Storage temperature of pasteurized milk cooler storage temperature failure Refrigerated Food transported under ambient temperature. Chilling & Freezing Time and Temperature Control... Legislation? Internal temperature of Steamed Dumpling Can chilled foods be frozen? Average Shelf Life of Beef Primals Frozen Vacuum Packed