What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cover for conveyors

Started by , May 20 2016 05:26 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

Question:  Under SQF, a conveyor must be covered even if it is used to move empty glass/plastic from a bulk pallet to the washer? there is nothing above and the transit time is around 3 minutes between the glass/plastic bulk pallet and the washer. Heat and filtered air is apply in the washer.

Thanks,

Katerine

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cover up machinery after sanitation How to Cover for Months of Missing Work Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Does PrimusGFS Cover USDA GAP Certification? Validation on plastic cling wrap used to cover downpipes when not in use
[Ad]

I think if you can show through validation of cleanliness after washing, you may be able to write this in your risk assessment that a cover in that area isn't necessary. I would write as such and explain to the auditor your justification. If you have data to suggest the washing method produces safe and clean product, this would be reasonable.

1 Thank

You won't find the answer to your specific question in the SQF manual. However, you will find that protecting product, materials, etc is mandatory of course.  I would suggest you run a risk analysis taking in the surroundings (not just what is above) like is the conveyor low on level with people walking, air factors, etc and of course where the conveyor goes (washer.)

It should not be an issue, back you need the backup documentation as "verbal don't go."

Similar Discussion Topics
Cover up machinery after sanitation How to Cover for Months of Missing Work Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Does PrimusGFS Cover USDA GAP Certification? Validation on plastic cling wrap used to cover downpipes when not in use Liners to cover equipment after sanitation? Cover for hose hole in ceiling? How can I cover food safety aspects in internal and external issues? Paperless software to cover all BRC documentation requirements Do we really need to cover our ears with the hairnet?