Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

HELP!!! I  need to understand what additional items I need to have in place to ensure we are decanting from larger containers to small containers safely.  The product is manufactured by a co-producer and we will take into our manufacturing facility and decant.   

Some questions I have: 

•  All the controls which are in place for our "standard manufacturing" will apply to this process (GMP/ATP) in the decanting area? 

• Do we need to consider the CCP's as we are extending the process,

• Will Metal Detection apply - although the only contact with metal will be spoons (is this enough to warrant Metal detection?

• Micros completed on what average number of containers?

• What can I do to show we are not going to cross contaminate with foreign bodies etc.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,288 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

Hi Nikki,

:welcome:

I think would help if you explain a bit more, for example what are you decanting? Is this a case of repacking a product without any processing?

Kind regards,

Tony

NikkiC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yes, repacking a product without further processing.  To begin with this will be a very manual process.  

Thanks Nikki 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,288 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hi Nikki,

It appears that it is a totally new process so your GMP's will apply and you will need to revisit your HACCP System, redefining the scope or creating a new product specific HACCP plan. The risks will also depend on the intended use of the product.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users