What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Decanting Products from Co-Producers

Started by , Mar 22 2016 07:14 PM
3 Replies

HELP!!! I  need to understand what additional items I need to have in place to ensure we are decanting from larger containers to small containers safely.  The product is manufactured by a co-producer and we will take into our manufacturing facility and decant.   

Some questions I have: 

•  All the controls which are in place for our "standard manufacturing" will apply to this process (GMP/ATP) in the decanting area? 

• Do we need to consider the CCP's as we are extending the process,

• Will Metal Detection apply - although the only contact with metal will be spoons (is this enough to warrant Metal detection?

• Micros completed on what average number of containers?

• What can I do to show we are not going to cross contaminate with foreign bodies etc.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are your methods or experience with decanting juice concentrates? Decanting and repacking processes by a Supplier Non-GFSI certified Design and requirements of a decanting room Decanting / Defrosting Procedure
[Ad]

Hi Nikki,

:welcome:

I think would help if you explain a bit more, for example what are you decanting? Is this a case of repacking a product without any processing?

Kind regards,

Tony

Yes, repacking a product without further processing.  To begin with this will be a very manual process.  

Thanks Nikki 

Hi Nikki,

It appears that it is a totally new process so your GMP's will apply and you will need to revisit your HACCP System, redefining the scope or creating a new product specific HACCP plan. The risks will also depend on the intended use of the product.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
What are your methods or experience with decanting juice concentrates? Decanting and repacking processes by a Supplier Non-GFSI certified Design and requirements of a decanting room Decanting / Defrosting Procedure